If you are interested in updating your Banks iDash 1.8 Super Gauge, follow the instructions on this page.
Before updating your Banks iDash 1.8 Super Gauge, check to see if an update is needed.
Please read through the entire process before beginning the update process.
1. Download firmware file below
iDash Super Gauge CAN OBDII
Download – iDash_1_8_CAN_OBD-II_62882-05-1_08.zip
V1.08 Release Notes (4/9/2018)
– Corrected EcoBoost Derringer Data issue (required for v3 Ecooboost Derringer Updates)
– Changed default screen from 2 Gauge to 5-Square.
– Fixed 5-Square display problem with value greater than 999
– Minor bug fixes
V1.07 Release Notes (4/4/2018)
– Add support for L5P Derringer.
– Add support for Aftermarket ECU: MEGASQUIRT, MOTEC, AEM, LINK G4 (1520), HALTECH, GBE 866T.
– Improve SD card read/write speed and mount/unmount process.
– Combine Datalog file and playback file into 1 file for easy maintaining.
– Add dynamic datalog file saving base on speed of SD card to avoid lossing data.
– Minor bug fixes
V1.06 Release Notes (2/5/2018):
– Added Support for Banks Ambient Air Density Module
– Added new Layouts
– Added new units for Metric/English
– Added stored DTCs to vehicle diagnostics
– Added firmware version to splash screen
– Added Data logging time as a displayable parameter
– Added user selectable BARO setting if not Ambient Pressure is not available
– Improved auto dimming algorithm
– Minor bug fixes
v1.05 Release Notes (1/12/18):
– First released firmware
2. Insert micro-SD card into PC
Using a USB SD card reader or similar device, insert micro-SD card into your computer.
Note: micro-SD card is only included with iDash 1.8 if you added the data logging option. Any micro-SD card from 1GB up to 32GB will work with the iDash 1.8
3. Locate downloaded file
Open Windows File Explorer and Locate the micro-SD card drive
4. Move file to micro-SD card
Transfer firmware file to micro-SD card by dragging files onto SD card drive
4b. Extract the firmware download
Right-click on the downloaded “.zip” file you just downloaded. On a PC select “Extract here”, on a Mac select “Open”.
4c. Move files out of folder onto microSD card.
After extracting the files, move them out of the folder onto the microSD card. If you don’t do this step, your iDash will not be able to locate the necessary files.
5. Eject micro-SD card
Eject and remove micro-SD card from computer
6. Insert micro-SD card into iDash 1.8
In your vehicle, insert micro-SD card into the front of the iDash 1.8
7. Turn Key to “ON”
Turn ignition key to “run” position (do not start engine)
8. Wake the iDash 1.8
Press any button to wake up the iDash 1.8
9. Enter the Menu Screen
Press the Select button (top right) to enter menu screen
10. Select “Firmware Update”
Use the Up and Down buttons to highlight “Firmware Update” then press the Select button
11. Select “61312 iDash 1.8 Super Gauge”
Use the Up and Down buttons to highlight “61312 iDash 1.8 Super Gauge” then press the Select button
Note: If you do not see “61312 iDash 1.8 Super Gauge” in this menu, please verify installation and wiring is correct by referencing the iDash 1.8 Super Gauge Owner’s manual.
12. Select firmware downloaded in step 1
Select the proper firmware file that you downloaded in step 1
Note: If your vehicle has two firmware files try the first file, if you receive an error message try the second file.
13. Follow prompts and wait for install
Follow iDash 1.8 prompt and wait for firmware to install (approximately 1 min).
WARNING! Do not remove micro-SD card or turn vehicle off during update
14. Test Update
Once iDash 1.8 Super Gauge firmware update in complete start vehicle. Press the Up and Down buttons while on the gauge screen to verify that iDash 1.8 Super Gauge power level can be changed properly.
Congratulations! You are done updating your Banks iDash 1.8 Super Gauge.