Friday Night News Articles
- Friday Night News
- “ Pimping Rides and Tweaking Humvees ”April 22, 2013
Gale gets interviewed by the L.A. Times on the topic of boosting the performance of military Humvees and how that trickles down to civilian use.
- “ Humvee transmission and suspension upgrades”September 18, 2012
In addition to turbo and exhaust brake upfit systems that dramatically improve the vehicle performance, Humvees need better transmissions and suspension systems. What will Gale Banks do about that?
- “ Hot Rod Humvee”September 14, 2012
The Banks Sidewinder system proved its mettle during a test session with an up-armored Humvee that weighed in at 14,400 lbs. Chassis dyno testing showed a 58% increase in horsepower…
- “ Gale Banks on Hot Rod Magazine Live”August 05, 2012
Gale Banks talks with HOT ROD MAGAZINE LIVE about what it takes to win races, how important military projects are to him, and much more.
- “ Gale Banks brings new diesels to military expo”July 24, 2012
Banks brought two turbocharged diesel engines to the IDGA expo and one kit designed to make military-grade Humvees safer and more livable.
- “ Gale Banks on Motor Trend radio”July 23, 2012
Gale Banks joins the guys at MOTOR TREND RADIO to talk about new engines, cool gadgets, emissions, the military ...
- “ Banks Technologies Diesels Power Oshkosh Extreme Racing in the Baja 1000”December 03, 2010
It's not unheard of for experimental prototype vehicles to run in the Baja 1000, but even so, it's quite unusual. That's why the Oshkosh Extreme Racing team's Light Concept Vehicle (LCV) created a stir in this year's Tecate SCORE Baja 1000. Largely unnoticed in the racing excitement was the fact that both prototype LCVs were equipped with upgraded Duramax diesel V-8 engines, specially prepared by Banks Technologies, a division of Gale Banks Engineering.
- “ It is Alive - Banks Marine Engine in the Dyno Cel”September 25, 2009
How did the V-8 monster diesel engine spring to life? Here's the inside story.
- “ Secret Spy Photos of Banks Marine Turbo-Diesel revealed”September 11, 2009
There's a "proof of concept" test engine being built right this second on the shop floor. The first in line to use this monster could be the military.