Gale's Insider News
- Gale's Insider News Articles
- “ Turbo systems for 2007-11 Jeeps are almost here”May 12, 2015
What's been one of biggest sellers for the 4.0L Wrangler is now coming for the 3.8L.
- “ Nissan and Cummins and Banks oh yeah”May 07, 2015
When you hear the word "Nissan" we'll bet it doesn't make you think of diesels. But that may change soon...
- “ Adam Carolla's CarCast with Gale Banks”March 11, 2015
Today Gale talked turbos and density on CarCast with Adam Carollal and then along with KROQ's Lightning talked about new performance upgrades for the Duramax... oh, and Jeeps as well!
- “ 2014 Trailer Life Magazine Reader's Choice Awards”January 22, 2015
Banks makes the grade again! Trailer Life Seal of Approval - Readers’ top pick in their third annual RV poll.
- “ Day 6 of Ultimate Adventure”October 30, 2014
As we pulled out, we took one last look at Shaugn Reid’s over-easy (more like scrambled) K5, that had been extracted from the trail and was strapped to a trailer, ready to head home. In true Ultimate Adventure fashion, Shaugn, and his co-pilot, Mario, were hopping in with others and continuing on the trip as we departed the winery.
- “ Day 5 of Ultimate Adventure”October 14, 2014
Day five, and we woke up feeling more chipper than in some time. Even though we’d only been on the trip for a workweek, we (like everyone else) were working day and night for many days prior to the trip; trying to get our vehicle ready, and trying to make up for the absence from home and work for the next week (plus however long it takes to get back home).
- “ Day 4 of Ultimate Adventure”September 30, 2014
A signature Pewe driver’s meeting spoke of a “short” road day that would take us across Iowa and towards Illinois. Of course, our short road turned out to be a cool 277 miles long—a good drive in any vehicle, but in a group of more than 20 beaten-on 4x4s…it was a long day of driving.
- “ Day 3 of Ultimate Adventure”September 24, 2014
We woke up the morning of Day 3 in a grass field owned by a past attendee of the Ultimate Adventure. After our first night of camping, most of the group was more relaxed, rested after a horrendous drive the prior day, and ready for a great day of wheeling near Waterloo, Iowa.
- “ Day 2 of Ultimate Adventure”September 19, 2014
Rick had mentioned it the first day, but we thought he might be joking. He wasn’t really going to try to push the group of more than 20 vehicles nearly 700 miles in a single day, was he? Yep.
- “ Day 1 of Ultimate Adventure”September 12, 2014
To prepare for any type of marathon, one of the first steps is to become capable of completing the journey.