Gale's Insider News Articles
- Gale's Insider News
- “ Air-to-Water Intercooled Jeep Turbo”February 13, 2014
Over the weekend, we had our first chance to test the intercooled Sidewinder Jeep Turbo. Even in prototype form and running 6.5 psi boost, the Air-to-Water intercooler setup demonstrated the ability to keep intake manifold air temperatures in check.
- “ Humvee shootout on Motor Trend”October 09, 2013
Motor Trend magazine took a stock Humvee and pitted it against a Banks-modified Humvee. Watch the video and see what a difference Banks makes!
- “ Supercharging and Turbocharging”June 01, 2013
Tech Talk #3: In this "Life After Wide Open Throttle" seminar Gale covers the ins and outs of forcing air into an engine.
- “ ICON and Banks Power on Autoblog--part 2”October 31, 2012
The ICON 4x4 pickup has made it to SEMA. Check out all the cool photos from the show...
- “ ICON and Banks Power on Autoblog--part 1”October 04, 2012
ICON vehicles are notorious for their attention to detail, performance, and exclusivity. So to power the '65 Dodge pickup they're building for SEMA, they teamed up with an engine builder that matched their high standard. You can guess who that was...
- “ The Three Latest Diesel Engine Projects”September 14, 2012
Get all the info on the Gale Banks 630T, the Gale Banks 866T, and the Banks 6.5L Special Ops package engines.
- “ Autoblog features Dallenbach-Banks Pikes Peak team”June 21, 2012
Autoblog, the world's number one ranked website in the automotive industry, posted a story on our 1400 horsepower mountain climber. Check out the video!
- “ The Mighty Duramax”February 15, 2012
When someone talks about powerful engines—ones that are built to take a beating and still last forever—they're no doubt talking about diesels. Read about the "Challenge Coin" too!
- “ Pikes Peak-Latest Report”June 23, 2011
The latest report from the mountains of Colorado. Read about the great day of practice runs and how we've stacked up against the competition thus far.
- “ Pikes Peak-Turbos in the Clouds”June 22, 2011
A report on the car's specs, the driver's history, and what's expected on the mountain.
- “ Pikes Peak-Uphill Racer”June 22, 2011
A report on the race, the racer, and the race car, including the stories "Two-Decade Evolution" and "Bringing The Record Back Home."
- “ Pikes Peak part 2-mountain testing video”June 10, 2011
Watch the latest video from Pikes Peak showing the results of the most recent engineering upgrades. Talk about edge of your seat (and edge of the cliff) driving!
- “ Pikes Peak part 1-dyno and track video”May 31, 2011
Dallenbach Racing and Banks Power have teamed up to take on this year's Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
- “ Adam Carolla's CarCast with Gale Banks”April 25, 2011
The gang from Adam Carolla's "CarCast" stopped by to see what Gale's been up to since their last meeting. Lots going on ... check it out!
- “ Banks breathes new life into Jeeps”April 15, 2011
The name "Sidewinder Turbo" has long been associated with incredibly awesome performance upgrades for turbo-diesel trucks, and now that add-on power is available for Jeeps.