Careers @ Banks
- Positions Available
Embedded Software Engineer/Developer
Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking full time Embedded Software Engineer/Developer to research, design, develop and test automotive real-time embedded software. Here is your chance to champion large projects!
Successful candidate will:
- Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner's manuals, and write technical reports.
- Integrate user-interface with software subsystems, document changes, and provide timely support to other development groups
- Work on real world customer-facing application problems
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in a complex system
- Communicate effectively *(written and verbally) with management and other software developers on ideas and solutions to software development problems
- Successfully complete multiple simultaneous tasks in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Solve problems and create solutions for embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information technology or in a related field.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with a strong background designing and developing embedded software applications
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language and experience with assembler language a plus.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls as well as USB, J1850, RS232, RS485, ISO9141, and CAN communications desired.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2125.