Careers @ Banks
- Positions Available
Embedded Software Engineer - Entry Level
Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are seeking an entry level Embedded Software Engineer to research, design, implement and test real-time embedded automotive products and solutions for the performance and military markets. Here is your chance to gain deep embedded experience by being a key member of an innovative team!
Successful candidate will:
- Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner's manuals, and write technical reports.
- Integrate user-interface with software subsystems, document changes, and provide timely support to other development groups
- Work on real world customer-facing application problems
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in a complex system
- Communicate effectively *(written and verbally) with management and other software developers on ideas and solutions to software development problems
- Learn, implement and use automotive communications standards (XCP, CAN, J1850, etc.)
- BS degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Know what needs to be done and operate with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- A passion for automotive performance is a plus.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with a strong background designing and developing embedded software applications
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be competent in C language.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems and interfacing microprocessors and SOC.
- Automotive experience preferred.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements.