Careers @ Banks
- Positions Available
Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading manufacturer of aftermarket performance and race products for cars, trucks, SUVs and motor homes. We are currently seeking a full time CAD Designer to research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems related to automotive and marine applications of diesel and gasoline high-performance engines.
Successful candidate will:
- Create 3D models and drawings to design performance automotive components, engines, and systems,ensuring the components interact together in order to achieve optimum appearance and performance.
- Develop prototype hardware and create production drawings from prototypes.
- Coordinate prototype fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering's design and specification.
- Write technical specifications and engineering documents.
- Develop Bills of Material andproduct installation manuals and owner's manuals.
- Determinebest materials for the application by researching various external component and materials suppliers.
- Review specifications to ensure component compliance and compatibility with our products.
- Interact with purchasing, manufacturing, customer service, installation and outside vendors throughout all phases of product development.
- Work closely with engineering personnel in the fabrication of test apparatus and equipment, and the development of methods and procedures for testing products and systems.
- Produce rapid prototype parts using 3D printers.
- Perform CFD analysis, and structural and vibrational analysis.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
Successful candidate will have relevant technical degree (i.e.: CAD, drafting) and 2-5 years of experience using CAD software (at least 1 year Solid Works) to create 3D models and drawings, OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of education and experience within the automotive industry. Experience with foundry processes and plastic molding processes (injection and rotational) desired.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org