Careers @ Banks
- Positions Available
Embedded Software Engineer/Developer
Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking full time Embedded Software Engineer/Developer to research, design, develop and test automotive real-time embedded software. Here is your chance to champion large projects!
Successful candidate will:
- Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner's manuals, and write technical reports.
- Integrate user-interface with software subsystems, document changes, and provide timely support to other development groups
- Work on real world customer-facing application problems
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in a complex system
- Communicate effectively *(written and verbally) with management and other software developers on ideas and solutions to software development problems
- Successfully complete multiple simultaneous tasks in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Solve problems and create solutions for embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information technology or in a related field.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with a strong background designing and developing embedded software applications
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls is desired.
- J1939, USB, J1850, RS232, RS485, ISO9141, and CAN communications experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking full time System Administrator to develop and maintain decision support systems and perform local and wide area computer networking administration activities.
Successful Candidate will:
- Utilize system resources such as ERP, CRM, and Engineering Document Control Software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
- Use PBX phone data to develop Decision Support Systems and other management reports enabling executive and management staff to make sound and informed business operational decisions.
- Develop and maintain systems to automate the delivery of executive reports, including daily sales report(s) and supporting inventory management with the creation/modifications of SSRS reports. Centralize the deployment of system reports to consolidate the disbursement of company data while maintaining the integrity of each individual report with consistent data.
- Maintain the local and wide area network hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment such as: workstations, system software and applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, modems and cabling.
- Establish and maintain network users, the user environment, network security and network directories.
- Ensure optimum availability of the system to the end users.
- Identify changes within the company that may adversely affect the corporate infrastructure and make recommendations for taking the appropriate action(s).
- Handle miscellaneous projects as directed.
- Perform network configurations, server upgrades, data migrations and perform daily backups.
- Deliver backup tapes to the offsite storage destination.
- Assist with analyzing network and memory utilization and make recommendations to increase network performance.
- Respond to incoming requests for assistance from users with problems concerning phone systems, desktop problems, access to the network and the operation of various software applications.
- Prepare network incident records via Helpdesk System; analyze incident reports for re-occurring network and telecommunications problems. Provide resolution to problem(s) within a timely manner. Provide status updates to end users and management as necessary.
- Refer and escalate more complex issues to the IT Manager for appropriate problem resolution or direction.
- Provide assistance to the Helpdesk Technician and support the IT Manager as needed.
- Participate in the documentation of IT troubleshooting methods and procedures.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of disaster recovery plans; recommend and implement network security measures to safeguard the network.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all web and internet activities including Web, FTP, DHCP and DNS servers, multiple firewalls, virus systems, VPN system and mail servers.
- Perform database administration functions on MS Access and SQL Server databases.
- Maintain the PBX, handsets and CTI applications.
- As directed, procure new services, hardware, software and any other necessary IT equipment. Contact vendors for assistance with complex or un-resolvable problems and/or to set up server preventative maintenance and vendor services as necessary.
- React well under pressure; manage competing demands; deal well with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Develop alternative solutions; demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Ensure the professional and courteous atmosphere of the IT department at all times. Interact with users in a professional, courteous and patient manner at all times; communicate technical information in a non-technical manner as needed.
Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years PC support, database administration and network administration/security experience in a Windows environment. Must have excellent customer service and hardware and software troubleshooting skills. Must be able to work in a team environment, working together to resolve issues in the most effective and timely manner.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret inter-company reports and procedures, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write clearly and informatively and read and interpret written information and instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and others and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to operate a PC and all office equipment. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Operating Systems such as Microsoft Server 2000 & 2003, XP and Windows 7; experience with Macintosh systems (Mac OSX) desired. A strong knowledge of relational databases required and experience with MS Exchange and SQL Server required. Must have experience troubleshooting and maintaining handsets and PBX systems. Experience with Cisco Firewall, Trend-Micro Anti-Virus software and e-mail filtering and Websense web security software desired.
Certificates and Licenses:
CCNA, MCSE, MCSA or SQL Server desired. Valid California Driver's License is required.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, and a pleasant and professional working environment. For immediate consideration, please send your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to us by clicking on the link below. Offices and facilities are located on a tree-shaded 10-acre campus in Azusa, California, about 10 minutes east of Pasadena.