- Magazine Articles
- “ Birth of a Super-Turbo”Diesel Power - November 2013
Diesel racing on a gigantic scale: Gale Banks and Mike Ryan team up to tackle Pikes Peak in a Freightliner semitruck.
- “ Semi Truck: Banks Freightliner Super Turbo Pikes Peak Truck”Truck Trend - Online - July 2013
Supercharger + Turbo = Pikes Peak record?
What is a Super-Turbo? It's an engine with both a supercharger and a turbocharger attached, according to Gale Banks of Banks Racing.
- “ Diesel Swaps”Diesel Power - January 2013
The Banks Rat Rod gets a Duramax, the Sidewinder Dakota gets a Cummins, and a who-knows-what gets an 866T.
- “ Banks Sidewinder Dragster Gets More Power”Diesel World - February 2012
GM Duramax 6.6L LML engine gets SUPERCHARGED at Gale Banks Engineering
- “ Inside Gale Banks Engineering's New Blown 7.1L Duramax”Diesel Power - January 2012
Gale Banks has already set drag strip records with the twin-turbo version of this Duramax engine, and now they're swapping out the turbos for a supercharger.
- “ Desert Diesel Nationals ”Diesel World - August 2009
The NHRDA's Season Opener in Phoenix saw the Banks Sidewinder S-10 set a record.
- “ Late-Breaking News”Diesel World - July 2009
Diesel World magazine gives an update on the industry, including the NHRDA event where the Banks S-10 had a 7.77 at 180 mph run.
- “ "Banks Power - The first 50 years" Opens at Wally Parks NHRA Museum”Diesel World - May 2009
50 years of automotive and marine engineering innovation was put on display at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum to honor Gale Banks and his achievements.
- “ Marine Animal”Professional Motorsports World - March-June 2009
Sea-bound diesel technology is being proved on the quarter-mile in the Banks Sidewinder
- “ The World's Quickest Diesel Pickup Breaks New Ground”Truck Trend - January /February 2009
The words "fast" and "diesel" aren't commonly spoken in the same breath. Diesel trucks, the Clydesdales of the truck world, have always been one-dimensional work trucks, clattering engines producing nothing but torque, with lots of black smoke thrown in.
Those cliches are fading fast as a new wave of diesel trucks hits the street.
- “ No smoke with fire”Racecar Engineering - April 2008
Smoke free, high efficiency diesel engines are Gale Banks Engineering's specialty. We look at how the company progressed to become the undisputed leaders in the field.
- “ Clean Speed”Diesel Power - February 2008
Diesel Power Magazine takes a look inside the world's quickest and fastest diesel pickup.
- “ One On One With Gale Banks”Diesel Builder - February 2008
Straight Talk With the Man Largely Identified as the Creator of the Diesel Aftermarket
- “ Power Broker”Sport Truck - January 2008
Here's a guy who's done it all and done it well, and he has the records to prove it. You'll find his name in the record books for building the fastest pickups on earth. This article features the Shop Truck, Gale's 502SS, Sidewinder GMC Sierra, Sidewinder S-10, and the Sidewinder Dakota.
- “ Drivelines Chatter: Gale Banks, Gale Banks Engineering”4-Wheel & Off-Road - March 2007
Gale Banks knows how to make power, whether he's land-speed racing or improving the performance of an anemic motorhome.
- “ Power Guru”Garage Magazine - Issue No. 12
50 Years of Fast Times and Weird Science with Gale Banks
- “ Road-Racing Diesels”Truck Trend - November/December 2006
Diesels are coming fast, and Gale Banks wants to lead the charge
- “ The Toughest Terrain on the Planet”Diesel Power - March 2006
Gale Banks himself hits the dirt as a driver in the Baja 1000
- “ Gale Banks Engineering to Road-Race GM Diesel Pickup”Undercar Digest - August 2005
Gale Banks is out to prove diesel engines are capable of high performance, and he's proving it one racing venue at a time.
- “ Mastering Teamwork at the Baja 1000”Four Wheeler - May 2005
Banks Power teams up with Kent Kroeker and his KORE racing Dodge Ram.
- “ Salt Shaker”Hot Rod - December 1987
Gale Banks Engineering's 1988 Pontiac Trans Am is the World's Fastest Street Machine
- “ Racing Into the Future”Super Rod - October 2004
Gale Banks Builds a Road-Racing Diesel Pickup
- “ Twin-Turbo Revival: Part 1”Super Rod - September 2004
The History and Evolution of the Gale Banks Engineering Twin-Turbo Chevrolet V-8s
- “ Twin-Turbo Revival: Part 2”Super Rod - September 2004
Back to the Future: Fast-Forward Firebird
- “ Banks Readies for 2004 Bonneville”Turbo Diesel Register - Fall 2004
The Banks Race Shop makes preparations to break its own diesel truck land speed record at Bonneville
- “ Sideways Into the Record Book”Truck Trend - July/August 2003
Banks sets new world speed record with the Sidewinder diesel pickup...
- “ Super Trans Am”Car and Driver - June 1984
The world's fastest street car?
- “ '94-97 PowerStroke”Off-Road.com - November 2000
Product Review: Gale Banks Engineering's PowerPack System For The '94-'97 Ford 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
- “ Banks At Bonneville”Super Rod - January 2004
The dramatic story behind the creation of the Banks Sidewinder and its record-shattering run at Bonneville
- “ Flat Out on the Salt”Sport Truck - May 2003
Inside Gale Banks' 200-MPH Dakota Land-Speed Record Holder
- “ Holy Smokeless!”Mopar Now - Spring 2003
Dakota sets a world land speed record without gasoline.
- “ Engineering: Banks Runs for the Records”Turbo Diesel Register - Feb/Mar/Apr 2003
Project Sidewinder's goal is to break the Land Speed Record for any pickup, any class, gas or diesel...
- “ Banks Sidewinder: The World's Fastest Pickup!”PickupTruck.com - February 2003
Gale Banks Engineering's Project Sidewinder is the fastest pickup truck on the planet. And it's a diesel!
- “ Banking on Power of Diesel”Pasadena Star-News - September 2002
Gale Banks' goal is to push his diesel-powered Dodge Dakota to speeds up to 210 mph at the World Finals at Bonneville Flats in October.
- “ Diesel Land Speed Record — Goal of Project Sidewinder”Diesel Progress - August 2002
210+ mph in Dodge Dakota ... illustrating diesel as a performance engine ... 600 hp out of 5.9L