Banks Power - iDash Digital Monitor
#1 performance monitor to measure your horsepower, acceleration, diagnostic codes, and more
Select a Sub-Category
More About iDash Digital Monitor
Meet the Banks iDash
SuperGauge and DataMonster
Vehicle Monitoring like no other! — Banks iDash SuperGauge and DataMonster open a portal into the vital inner workings of your vehicle, letting you see what’s beyond the dashboard. This instrument monitors, displays, and (with a DataMonster) data logs multiple vehicle parameters such as speed, EGT, AFR, RPM, and engine temp. In addition, the iDash calculates Banks proprietary and/or patented information such as manifold air density, intercooler effectiveness and more. Plus it logs performance, can set custom alerts. The iDash can also be used in pre-OBD-II vehicles by utilizing Banks expansion modules.
Available in two versions
The iDash SuperGauge lets you view and control your vehicles ECM information. It provides a window into every measurable facet of your ECM and engine performance, as well as the controls you need to get the most out of your Banks Tuners, Expansion Modules and Accessories, or PedalMonster. The MicroSD card slot is used as a means for firmware updates
The iDash DataMonster is the data logging version. It provides all the same functionality as the standard SuperGauge, but gives the option to record and save data in real time to an microSD card. You can have up to 4 iDash units daisy-chained together on a Banks-Bus network, but only one needs to be a DataMonster to achieve data logging, saving money for those who want to run multiple gauges. Data logging will be done on your primary iDash, regardless if it is a DataMonster or not.
Information... lots of information!
When it comes to your vehicle, information is key. If you don't know what is going on under the hood, how can you know that it's running optimally? The Banks iDash allows you to see information that your dashboard wont share. Whether your towing and want to keep an eye on your Exhaust Gas Temperature, or driving around town monitoring your Engine Load, the Banks iDash will tell you what your dashboard will not.
Pick what you want to see, where you want to see it and how it’s displayed. Populate the screen with English or Metric units and choose from 100's of pre-loaded gauges.Here are some examples of what you can expect to see (varies by vehicle): This is just a sample of what the iDash can read, and we're working on adding more every day!
Data-Log and view up to 100 parameters!
The Banks iDash DataMonster offers data-logging capability. With a single iDash DataMonster you can display up to eight parameters at a time — but with more iDash gauges, you can keep your eye on even more. By connecting up to four iDash SuperGauges or DataMonsters, you increase the total monitoring and control. With this configuration you can see up to 32 gauge readings at the same time to monitor much more of what is going on under the hood. Crazy right! If you’re into big data, this is the SuperGauge for you! Remember, you only need a single DataMonster version of the iDash for data logging, your remaining gauges should only be standard SuperGauges.
- Records to microSD card
- One-button Start/Stop feature
- No limit to how long you can record*
- On-screen indicator to confirm status
- Records at up to 20 samples per second
- Choose which parameters you want (up to 100)
*With 4gb card, you can record for over a month straight. But we do recommend that you get some sleep!
Information at your fingertips.
- No computer required
- Pause, fast-forward, rewind and step
- Display any of the parameters recorded
- Play back data-logs on the iDash gauge(s)
- View logs on primary or secondary iDash gauge(s)
Review your data like the pros!
- View and analyze your recorded data
- Records in universal “.csv” file format
- Transfer log files to your computer via microSD
- Compatible with Excel third party data viewing/analysis apps
Freedom to expand as you want, mount where you please!
- Connect up to four iDash gauges
- Connected iDash gauges work together
- Standard 2-1/16" (52mm) diameter format
- A-pillar, Steering column, Dash-mount, Banks windshield mount, Wherever!
OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics port) — Information is key, and you want it direct from the source. The Banks iDash pulls data straight from your OBD-II connector. That is the port where your vehicle's ECM (or brain) shares all of it's secrets and the iDash is more than happy to relate that information to you.
*Available parameters will vary based on what ECM you have and what sensors are configured in your ECM
Not sure what all you could monitor on your engine?
Perhaps you have a pre OBD-II vehicle, a boosted application, or a any high performance build where you are tuning for peek efficiency and power.
Check out our writeup here.
Soo much data!
What... the 100's of parameters available over OBD-II isn't enough for you? Expand what you can do with additional modules from Banks Power! With our expanding line of performance sensor modules, you can monitor anything your heart desires from air density and pressure, to voltage, temperature, and so much more. For more information on our growing line of performance modules designed to work with the Banks iDash, give us a call 800-601-8072
- Plug and Play
- High accuracy
- Fast responding
- Flexible configuration
- Add over 40 additional sensors
- View, datalog, set alearts with iDash
- Easy firmware updates through iDash
Need more temp, pressure, or other sensors? Look at our line expansion items specifically for the iDash
Set safety alerts to your preference. No more relying on the dummy lights in your dash board to alert you after it's too late! The Banks iDash allows you to more accurately monitor system vitals, and alerts you to a problem before it's too late. With visual notifications, you will know right away that something is wrong, and what it is.
- High visibility
- Choose any parameter
- On-screen notifications
- Choose any color combination
- Set custom low and high alerts
- Built-in sensor for auto-dimming
- Adjust shift point to any RPM value
- Monitor any Min/Max value you set
- Warns of any potentially harmful conditions
- Smarter than the “dummy” lights on your dash
- Constantly monitored whether on-screen or not
The Doctor is in — Vehicle Diagnostics
Banks iDash opens a window into the vital inner workings of your vehicle’s ECM, letting you see what’s beyond your dashboard gauges. Check/Clear diagnostic codes at the touch of a button. And the best part? Logged events are defined in plain English, not just codes, so you don’t need a factory manual, or a trip to the dealership, to know what you’re looking at.
Monitor Vitals — Monitor vehicle functions accordingly, so you’ll always know exactly what your engine is doing. Set your vehicle’s safety zones and the Banks iDash will let you know where you stand. Replaces the dumbed-down factory gauges with informative displays.
Diagnose Problems — Check/Clear diagnostic codes at the touch of a button. And the best part? Logged events are defined in plain English, not just codes. Now you know what is wrong with your vehicle before taking it into the shop for repairs.
Review Max Values — With the Max Values screen, you can monitor to see just how high certain parameters are reaching. This allows you to focus on other things, like driving, and check back at your convenience to see just how hot your engine ran or RPMs revved.
The iDash is like having a personal technician.
- Make sure your vehicle is ready
- Clear “check engine light” codes
- Save money on repeated testing
- Most codes are defined in plain English
- Reads vehicle Emissions Systems status
- Discover what is wrong with your vehicle
- Know what to look into before SMOG testing
- Know what’s wrong before visiting a mechanic
The possibilities are endless...
Pick what you want to see, where you want to see it and how it’s displayed. With the banks iDash you can tune your gauge to display exactly what you want to see, in the layout and colors you want.
Choose your color — What’s YOUR favorite color? With Banks iDash you can adjust the various gauge styles to match either your vehicle’s dash, or to your personal favorite. The choice is yours!
- Standard or Metric units
- Connect multiple gauges
- Built-in Shift & RPM Light Feature
- Customizable gauge display layouts
- Display 2-8 values at a time per gauge
- Change the color of text & bar graphs
- Over 300 parameters available*
- View Data your dash does not display
- Read up to 80 OBDII Mode 01 values
- Read Boost Pressure, EGT and so much more
- Avoid costly repairs by monitoring important sensors
- Optional Data-Logging records up to 100 values continuously
Owners Manuals and Available Parameters: Take a look at some of what is viewable on the vehicles listed below.
Join our Facebook group to learn more!
Banks iDash & PedalMonster Owners