BigHead Actuator, BigHead Wastegate Actuator Kit for 1994-1998 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 5.9L Cummins, All 12V, 1998.5 24V
BigHead® ActuatorBigHead Wastegate Actuator Kitfor 1994-1998 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 5.9L Cummins, All 12V, 1998.5 24V
For higher peak boost, sooner
Under high-boost conditions, the stock actuator's weak spring allows the wastegate to blow open, limiting midrange torque. Bleed orifices (also known as "boost foolers") just make it worse. Only Banks solves this problem by replacing the boost actuator. BigHead holds the wastegate closed for quicker boost, then controls the opening to maintain peak boost for superior acceleration and mid-range pulling power.
Banks exclusive BigHead wastegate actuator prevents wastegate blow-open by keeping the valve seated at higher pressures, increasing mid-range torque and top-end power.
- Quick, Controlled Boost
- Produces massive torque right from idle
- Doubles stock's diaphragm area & spring pressure
- Keeps the valve seated longer achieving higher peak boost, sooner
- Crisp acceleration and more mid-range pulling power
Emissions Compliant: Race Only
How a Turbo Wastegate Works: Let’s begin by describing what a turbo wastegate is. A wastegate is essentially a device that bypasses some exhaust flow around the turbine section of a turbocharger to control maximum boost. A wastegate is usually controlled... <read more>
- Banks Power
- Products - Turbo Upgrade Systems and Components - Wastegate/Diverter/Blow-Off
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 1994-1998 Ram 5.9L Cummins 12v
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 1998-2002 Ram 5.9L Cummins 24v ISB
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks
- Item Requires Shipping
- 4.0 lbs.
- W5.0000” x H10.0000” x L12.0000”