Monster Exhaust System, 5-inch Single Exit, Chrome SideKick Tip for 2017-2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax, L5P DCSB, DCLB, CCSB, CCLB including Dually Models.
Monster® Exhaust System5-inch Single Exit, Chrome SideKick® Tipfor 2017-2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax, L5P DCSB, DCLB, CCSB, CCLB including Dually Models.
85% less backpressure, 15% lower exhaust exit temp
5" aluminized steel constant-diameter DPF-back system with Patented negative backpressure SideKick tip. 85% less backpressure and 15% lower exhaust exit temps than stock, allowing the engine to produce more horsepower. Improves flow and cuts backpressure. Includes Huge Polished Chrome Patented SideKick tip.
Fits trucks with stock and aftermarket fifth wheel hitches.
Fits trucks with aftermarket airbags. Vehicles with airbags may require a larger hose clamp to attach the heatshield. We recommend Pt# 92868
Banks Power introduces the new 5" Monster Exhaust designed specifically for the 2017-2019 GM 6.6L Duramax L5P 2500/3500 HD pickup trucks. The DPF-back exhaust system features constant-diameter 5" mandrel-bent aluminized steel tubing and a massive patented tip which virtually eliminates backpressure after the DPF and prevents trailer meltdown.
With the stock exhaust nozzle measuring 2.85" compared to the Monster Exhaust’s massive 5" outlet, the Banks system offers a 192% greater flow area than stock. The Monster Exhaust boasts 85% less backpressure than stock, leading to more power and increased fuel economy.
The Monster Exhaust also provides a 15% reduction in exhaust temperature two feet behind the tip during regen. The Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) on the Duramax L5P is cleaned through regeneration in which scorching exhaust gas temperatures can last up to 20 minutes while driving. Unlike the stock Duramax exhaust, which directs a prolonged jet-like blast of super-heated exhaust gas directly at anything being towed, the Monster Exhaust is aimed out to the side of the truck. This allows ambient air to diffuse the heated gas, eliminating the risk of melting a trailer, which has been reported by many Duramax owners.
Duramax owners can choose from two huge patented 6.5" x 7.5" ob-round slash-cut exhaust tips: chrome-plated polished stainless steel or high-temp matte black. And, unlike other brands, Banks’ chrome-plated stainless tip will not turn brown with heat.
The Banks 5" Monster Exhaust (Part No. 48996 for chrome or 48996-B for black) fits all regular cab short bed, double cab short bed, double cab long bed, crew cab short bed, crew cab long bed, and dually models.
- 5" aluminized constant-diameter DPF-back system.
- Virtually eliminates backpressure after the DPF
- 15% reduction in exhaust temperature 2’ behind the tip during regen
- 85% less backpressure than stock
- Huge patented 6.5" x 7.5" ob-round slash-cut exhaust tip
- Chrome-plated stainless tip will not turn brown with heat
- 1-year Limited Warranty
- Ob-Round Exhaust Tip Patent No. D558,111
- Fits: DCSB, DCLB, CCSB, CCLB Including Dually Models
- Fits trucks with aftermarket airbags
Emissions Compliant: E.O. Not Required
US Patent #5,581,111 S1
- Products - Performance Exhaust System Kit - Exhaust Systems
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2011-2016 Chevy/GMC Duramax LML
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2017-2021 Chevy/GMC Duramax L5P
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts
- Exhaust Systems|2011-2016 Chevy/GMC Duramax LML|2017-2021 Chevy/GMC Duramax L5P|Chevy/GMC Performance Parts
- Item Requires Shipping
- 40.0 lbs.
- W14.0000” x H18.0000” x L40.0000”
- Free Shipping!