Derringer Tuner, Requires iDash 1.8 (not included) for 2020-21 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax, L5P
Derringer TunerRequires iDash® 1.8 (not included)for 2020-21 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax, L5P
Adds +81 hp/+144 lb-ft, 6 power levels
Communicates with vehicle ECM via OBD-II port (On-Board Diagnostics). AutoRate adjusts fuel and boost dynamically, while monitoring dozens of safety parameters. TransCommand protects transmission, ActiveSafety fail-safe bypass.
CARB E.O. D-161-136
Requires Banks iDash 1.8 DataMonster or SuperGauge (not included).
Stops the competition dead in their tracks. Results in torque and power gains across the full operating rpm range, starting right off idle and marching to the shift point in each gear. Derringer is dyno calibrated to use multiple data inputs such as throttle position, rpm, vehicle speed, AFR, Knock and coolant temperature, just like your engine's ECU. Its microprocessor based electronics are able to actively and safely optimize calibrations in real time. No competitive product does that.
Derringer has six switched settings. Level 6 produces Best in Class performance and knocks you back in your seat. The Level 3 setting is for work use and has great mid-range feel. When running Level 3 with a loaded work truck and/or pulling a trailer, your on ramp merging speeds and passing times are greatly improved.
The electronics are enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed and communicates using B-Bus (Banks Bus) with other devices such as our iDash 1.8 DataMonster® or iDash® 1.8 SuperGauge. The Derringer connects in line with your truck's engine sensors. But, unlike others, it also connects to the vehicle's OBDII diagnostic bus connector. A CAN (Controller Area Network) transceiver chip communicates with OBDII or B-Bus, allowing our microprocessor to talk with the vehicle.
Health Monitoring: We monitor the health of Derringer 100 times a second. If the health monitoring system reveals any malfunction, the Derringer instantly bypasses itself, sets a device diagnostic code, and returns you to stock power. Plus, Derringer's special coolant temp monitoring prevents power addition when the engine is too cold or overheated. The Derringer also auto-adjusts power if knock occurs due to bad fuel. Maximum safe power is all automatic with a Derringer - you just choose your setting.
- Simple plug and play installation with easy removal for dealer service
- Warranty friendly: no reflash required and no traces left in ECU
- Adds up to 81 hp and 144 lb-ft
- Loaded with Features
- Value Priced
- Destroys the competition, not your vehicle!
- ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain
- 6 power levels with on the fly level changing with iDash 1.8 DataMonster or SuperGauge
- Interfaces with OBDII Port (On-Board Diagnostics/Information) to communicate directly with the vehicle ECU
- Enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed
- LED Derringer status indicator
- Works while in cruise control
- Optimized Derringer layout to view vital data
- Corrects MAP and FRP parameter to accurate readings
- Update Derringer software and calibration through iDash 1.8 using microSD card
Emissions Compliant: D-161-136
Want to add additional temperature, pressure or other sensors? Take a look at our line of sensors and expansion items specifically for the iDash 1.8
- Ambient Air Density Module
- 4-CH Analog Sensor Module*
- 4-CH Thermocouple Module*
- Advanced Water Methanol Module*
- More coming soon
Expand system with other Banks Bus products
- Item Requires Shipping
- 3.0 lbs.
- W6.0000” x H9.0000” x L3.2500”
- Free Shipping!