Monster-Ram Intake System, Gen-2 (natural aluminum ready for paint) for 2007.5-2018 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins
Monster-Ram® Intake SystemGen-2 (natural aluminum ready for paint)for 2007.5-2018 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins
Flows 936 cfm, a 122% increase over stock
Get back all the power you lose with the stock intake elbow. Gain a more responsive, power efficient engine. Improves airflow from the intercooler. Raises boost without increasing backpressure at the turbine.
Retains all emissions equipment for 50-State compliance.
Add Banks High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate for 5x the gains!
What it does
Monster-Ram improves airflow from the intercooler. Flows 936 cfm (71.5 lbs/min) Banks High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate compared to Stock's 421 cfm (32.16 lbs/min). Flows 520 cfm (39.72 lbs/min), with the stock heater plate.
Monster-Ram raises boost without increasing backpressure at the turbine. The result is a more responsive, power-efficient engine that offers even more headroom than stock for higher horsepower applications.
Add High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate for max airflow
Although the Monster-Ram dramatically increases airflow using the stock heater plate, upgrading to Banks High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate improves the performance 5x. The High-Flow Heater allows for the removal of the restrictive stock heater grid plate. The new vertical coil-style heater provides the same functionality for cold starts as the stock grid heater but without obstructing airflow. Replacing the restrictive stock grid heater plate with the Banks High-Flow Intake Plate removes all obstructions and turbulence in the airflow path.
How it was designed
Utilizing the latest in CFD (computational fluid-dynamics), tested on the flow bench, the dyno, and on-road, Monster-Ram is a beast that only Banks could have unleashed. A direct-replacement aluminum casting, Monster-Ram is instant power, performance, and acceleration gratification. The factory inlet elbow is cramped and angular in order to accommodate the path of the stock No. 1 fuel line. Banks Engineers designed a new No. 1 fuel line, allowing the Monster-Ram to flow more air without obstruction.
With four 1/8” NPT ports, perfect for temperature and pressure sensors, the sky's the limit for data acquisition and expandability.
Beats the competition
Like all Banks products, the Monster-Ram was tested against all available competitors. It more than doubles the improvement over the closest competitor. Add the Banks High-Flow Heater Plate and it beats the competition by over 10x.
- Raises boost without increasing turbine drive pressure
- Larger and less restrictive than stock intake
- Improves flow of oxygen-rich air into cylinders
- Quicker throttle response
- Optimizes air pressure and distribution
- Outflows stock over 122%
- 3-3/8 inch inlet
- Four 1/8 inch NPT ports
- Accommodates stock mounting points
- Includes proprietary fuel line and all necessary hardware
- Also available as a kit with High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate
- Natural Raw Finish, ready for paint
Emissions Compliant: In Process
Monster-Ram 6.7L Power Difference
- The stock horn has quite a boost loss at the same flow, so now with a better flowing horn virtually all the boost produced by the turbos can get to the valves
- Accommodates emissions equipment for 50-State compliance
- Emissions equipment must be retained
- Add the Banks High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate for optimal power (2007.5-2012 use P/N 42800) (2013-2018 use P/N 42803)
Gale Banks Commented:
I can tell you this, when we hot rodded the first 5.9L common rail back in 2001, the Cummins guys sent us a lab engine that they had put an HX-40 Holset on and some bigger injectors. The engine made 402 hp. We dyno'ed it again on our end and got 405 hp so our dynos matched. We sawed off the stock manifold, made the first ever side draft intake casting, cleaned up the ports and picked up 135 hp at the same air/fuel ratio with the same turbo, 540 hp was the result. So there's a dyno comparison doing the same thing as the improved horn, only better. We then installed a Banks cam and a larger VG turbo and brought it to 735 hp, put it in a Dakota, towed our trailer to Bonneville with it dropped the trailer and ran 222 mph!
- Banks Power
- Products - Cold Air Intake Systems - Intake Elbows
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 2007-2009 Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 2010-2012 Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 2013-2018 Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks
- New Products
- Item Requires Shipping
- 12.0 lbs.
- W14.0000” x H10.0000” x L14.0000”