Oil Cooler Upgrade Kit for 2001-2007 and 2011-2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax
Oil Cooler Upgrade Kitfor 2001-2007 and 2011-2019 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax
31% better heat reduction
Improves heat reduction 31% or more on 2001-2007 and 2011-2019 Duramax engines. The older the truck, the greater the gain. Ready for pressure or temperature sensor. Includes all necessary hardware and oil filter.
At the heart of the new system is GM's 2020 Duramax L5P oil cooler. This cooler rejects heat 22% better at the factory-rated 450 horsepower when tested against the earlier 2017-2019 unit. At higher engine speed and load, the difference between the two coolers is even more apparent. 3300 RPM, 600 HP tests show a 31% greater heat reduction over the stock 2017-2019 oil cooler. The higher the horsepower, the great the improvement.
- Cools 31% or better
- More cooling plates for better heat rejection
- Increased cooling stack surface area
- Pre-installed 1/8-inch NPT sensor port for temp or pressure
- Includes all hardware
- Includes Baldwin B40150 oil filter
The upgrade kit’s performance improvement is primarily due to the 19-plate cooling stack found in the 2020 Duramax L5P oil cooler compared to the 14-plate stack in the 2017-2019 model. These improvements will be even greater on 2001-2007 and 2011-2016 Duramax engines, which came with only 10 and 11-plate cooling stacks. The additional cooling plates increase the available surface area for heat transfer, enhancing its ability to shed more BTUs than its predecessors while maintaining proper oil pressure.
The Banks Oil Cooler Upgrade Kit fits all 2001-2007 and 2011-2019 Duramax engines and includes everything necessary for installation, including a Baldwin B40150 oil filter, a 1/8" NPT sensor port pre-installed ready for oil temperature and or pressure sensor installation, as well as all necessary hardware, gaskets, and thread locker.
After testing all available filters, Banks chose the Baldwin B40150 for its superior filtration and oil pressure retention. The new filter meets or exceeds OEM specs, providing 99.8% efficiency at 30 microns, 99.1% at 25 microns, and 94.2% at 20 microns. The spin-on filter features an Anti-Drainback Valve and 25 PSID By-Pass Valve.
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2001-2004 Chevy/GMC Duramax LB7
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2004-2005 Chevy/GMC Duramax LLY
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2006-2007 Chevy/GMC Duramax LLY-LBZ
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2011-2016 Chevy/GMC Duramax LML
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts - 2017-2021 Chevy/GMC Duramax L5P
- Vehicle Specific - Chevy/GMC Performance Parts
- New Products
- 2001-2004 Chevy/GMC Duramax LB7|2004-2005 Chevy/GMC Duramax LLY|2006-2007 Chevy/GMC Duramax LLY-LBZ|2011-2016 Chevy/GMC Duramax LML|2017-2021 Chevy/GMC Duramax L5P|Chevy/GMC Performance Parts|New Products
- Item Requires Shipping
- 17.0 lbs.
- W14.0000” x H14.0000” x L10.0000”
- Free Shipping!