Monster-Ram Intake System, Gen-2 (red powder-coated), includes High-Flow heater and Billet Intake Plate for 2007.5-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins
Monster-Ram® Intake SystemGen-2 (red powder-coated), includes High-Flow heater and Billet Intake Platefor 2007.5-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins
Flows 936 cfm, a 122% increase over stock
The stock elbow and heater kill airflow into your engine. Get back all that power you lose and gain a more responsive, power efficient engine. Improve airflow from the intercooler. Raise boost without increasing backpressure at the turbine.
Retains all emissions equipment for 50-State compliance.
What it does
The Monster-Ram improves airflow from the intercooler. It flows 936 cfm (71.5 lbs/min) with Banks’ High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate compared to stock's 421 cfm (32.16 lbs/min).
Monster-Ram raises boost without increasing backpressure at the turbine. The result is a more responsive, power-efficient engine that offers even more headroom than stock for higher horsepower applications.
The complete system
Banks’ High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate complete the perfect system. The High-Flow Heater allows for the removal of the restrictive stock heater grid plate. The new vertical coil-style heater provides the same functionality for cold starts as the stock grid heater but without obstructing airflow. Replacing the restrictive stock grid heater plate with the Banks High-Flow Intake Plate removes all obstructions and turbulence in the airflow path.
How it was designed
Utilizing the latest in CFD (computational fluid-dynamics), tested on the flow bench, the dyno, and on-road, Monster-Ram is a beast that only Banks could have unleashed. A direct-replacement aluminum casting, Monster-Ram is instant power, performance, and acceleration gratification. The factory inlet elbow is cramped and angular in order to accommodate the path of the stock No. 1 fuel line. Banks Engineers designed a new No. 1 fuel line, allowing the Monster-Ram to flow more air without obstruction.
With four 1/8” NPT ports, perfect for temperature and pressure sensors, the sky's the limit for data acquisition and expandability.
Beats the competition
Like all Banks products, the Monster-Ram was tested against all available competitors. It more than doubles the improvement over the closest competitor.
- Raises boost without increasing turbine drive pressure
- Larger and less restrictive than stock intake
- Improves flow of oxygen-rich air into cylinders
- Quicker throttle response
- Optimizes air pressure and distribution
- Outflows stock over 122%
- 3-3/8 inch inlet
- Four 1/8 inch NPT ports
- Accommodates stock mounting points
- Includes proprietary fuel line and all necessary hardware
- Red powder coat finish
Emissions Compliant: In Process
Monster-Ram 6.7L Power Difference
- The stock horn has quite a boost loss at the same flow, so now with a better flowing horn virtually all the boost produced by the turbos can get to the valves
- Accommodates emissions equipment for 50-State compliance
- Emissions equipment must be retained
- Add the Banks High-Flow Heater and Billet Intake Plate for optimal power (2007.5-2012 use P/N 42800) (2013-2018 use P/N 42803)
Gale Banks Commented:
I can tell you this, when we hot rodded the first 5.9L common rail back in 2001, the Cummins guys sent us a lab engine that they had put an HX-40 Holset on and some bigger injectors. The engine made 402 hp. We dyno'ed it again on our end and got 405 hp so our dynos matched. We sawed off the stock manifold, made the first ever side draft intake casting, cleaned up the ports and picked up 135 hp at the same air/fuel ratio with the same turbo, 540 hp was the result. So there's a dyno comparison doing the same thing as the improved horn, only better. We then installed a Banks cam and a larger VG turbo and brought it to 735 hp, put it in a Dakota, towed our trailer to Bonneville with it dropped the trailer and ran 222 mph!
- Banks Power
- Products - Cold Air Intake Systems - Intake Elbows
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 2007-2009 Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 2010-2012 Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks - 2013-2018 Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Vehicle Specific - Performance Parts for Dodge Ram Trucks
- New Products
- Item Requires Shipping