Derringer Tuner, w/DataMonster, with iDash DataMonster for 2020+ Ford F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L
Derringer Tuner, w/DataMonsterwith iDash® DataMonsterfor 2020+ Ford F250/F350/F450/F550 6.7L
Add extra horsepower and torque safely
Choose from 6 adjustable power levels on-the-fly. Interfaces with OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) to communicate with the vehicle's ECM. AutoRate adjusts tune in real-time based on vehicle data. ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain. TransCommand protects the transmission and puts power down.
What can I read with the iDash?
— Ford F250 6.7L
Note: When running multiple iDash together, purchase 1 Primary and 2-3 Expansion gauges.
*Does not include gauge mount.
Up Your Power Game
With the push of a button, experience new levels in torque and horsepower across the full operating rpm range, starting right off idle and marching to the shift point in each gear. Derringer is dyno calibrated to use multiple data inputs such as throttle position, rpm, vehicle speed, AFR, knock, coolant temperature, and EGT, just like your engine's ECM. It actively and safely optimizes calibrations in real-time thanks to its OBD-II connectivity. No competitive tuner does that.
Choose Your Level
Derringer has 6 levels, adjustable on-the-fly using the iDash. Level 6 produces best-in-class performance. Level 3 is designed for work use and has a great mid-range feel with always ready towing power. When running Level 3 with a loaded truck and/or pulling a trailer, your on-ramp merging speeds and passing times are greatly improved.
The electronics are enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed and communicates with other Banks devices such as our iDash DataMonster, iDash SuperGauge, and PedalMonster throttle booster. The Derringer connects in line with your truck's engine sensors. But unlike other tuners, it also connects to the vehicle's OBD-II diagnostic bus.
Tune It Safe
ActiveSafety health monitoring circuitry keeps an eye on the vehicle and the module itself. It checks its health 100 times a second. If it detects an issue, the Derringer instantly bypasses itself, sets a device diagnostic code, and seamlessly returns the truck to stock power. Plus, Derringer's special coolant temp monitoring prevents power addition when the engine is too cold or overheated. The Derringer also auto-adjusts power if knock occurs due to bad fuel. Maximum safe power is all automatic with a Derringer - you just choose your preferred power level and enjoy the ride.
- Adds untapped hp and torque (TBD)
- 6 power levels can be changed on-the-fly via iDash.
- Warranty friendly: no reflash required and no traces left in ECM
- Simple plug-and-play installation with easy removal for dealer service
- Interfaces with OBD-II Port (On-Board Diagnostics) to communicate with vehicle's ECM
- AutoRate tunes in realtime using vehicle diagnostics
- ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain
- Transcommand protects transmission
- DPF regen status, DEF level, displayed
- Real-time bar graph displays Derringer's added power
- iDash can display 5 customizable pages of 2-8 gauges per page
- Display dozens of temps, pressures, and info your dashboard doesn't
- Datalog hundreds of Parameters through OBDII and external sensors
- Update Derringer firmware, calibration through iDash using microSD card
AutoRate® Dynamic Tuning
The Derringer calibration is continuously adjusting to provide peak performance under every driving condition. By utilizing the power of the OBD-II data, the tuner intelligently fine-tunes its calibration on the fly without you having to change its power level.
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) - Monitors EGT and intelligently modulates fueling to maintain a safe maximum EGT, protecting your turbo and engine.
- Altitude compensation - Senses ambient air pressure, controlling the turbocharger to maintain added boost and power as altitude increases.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regen - Monitors your DPF regen status to ensure the process completes successfully.
- Accelerator Pedal Monitoring – Rolls in additional power progressively, optimizing for both part-throttle fuel economy and max power when you ask for it.
- Full Power Timer - Allows for 30 seconds of wide-open throttle before transitioning to the recommended power level for sustained tow/haul.
- Coolant Temperature Monitoring - Maintains safe power based on coolant temp.
- During warmup, no power is added below 120° F
- Power is ramped in and fully available above 150° F
- If the coolant overheats for any reason, the Derringer starts removing its power at 230° F
- Additional power is totally removed if you exceed 240° F
TransCommand® Active Transmission Safety System
The Derringer is calibrated to modulate power during shifting while ramping up hydraulic pressure for better engagement. Competitors lack OBD-II data and always add power at wide-open throttle causing excessive transmission, clutch, and torque converter slip.
- Intelligent Shift Tuning - Shift signal is optimized for the power level protecting the transmission, increasing shift speed, and avoiding ECM power derates.
- Boost and Fuel by Gear - Calibration is tuned for optimum traction and performance providing the right firmness of shift automatically.
- Tuned Hydraulic Pressure - Ramps hydraulic pressure faster than stock, maintaining engagement as power is added safely within factory limits.
- Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Monitoring - Adjusts TCC slip to safe levels, lowering fluid temperature, and preventing extended wear.
- Transmission Slip Monitoring - Light throttle shifts remain smooth and firm, full-throttle shifts are solid and decisive.
- This reduction in slip time also improves acceleration performance, an added benefit!
ActiveSafety® Health Monitoring
The Derringer is the only tuner available that includes Active Safety® health monitoring circuitry.
- Internal diagnostics check system 50 times per second
- Checks MAP and FRP signals and monitors CPU activity
- Activates in event of failure or loss of 12V power
- Bypass relays smoothly return stock power
with no loss of power or "Limp Home" Mode.
- Banks Power
- Item Requires Shipping
- Free Shipping!