We are currently seeking an experienced General Ledger Accountant to support the activities of the Controller and the Accounting Department.
Successful candidate will:
- Maintain, prepare and enter the general journal entries and payroll journal entries from external payroll service; preparation of the monthly financial statements; maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules; reconcile bank deposits and statements; maintain balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
- Prepare sales commission schedules; maintain and prepare Engineering Project distribution schedules; submit final report to Human Resources for payroll processing.
- Assist Controller in the operation of the account department. Oversee the maintenance of filing systems; archive and store aged accounting documents; study, standardize and recommend procedures to improve departmental efficiency.
- Maintain relationships, financial institutions, insurance companies and legal entities for the purposes of conducting general daily accounting business transactions; Communicate accounting information with department staff, company employees, vendors, reporting agencies and clients.
- Provide assistance and guidance on A/P issues associated with GL coding, inventory and sales tax issues. Perform any A/P duties as needed.
- Compile and analyze various financial reports; internal audits and implement recommended accounting controls; prepare materials for external audits; assist in the management of special projects.
- Prepare and file specialized environmental and occupational returns.
- Daily banking review; transfers; process customer ACH receipts; prepare wire transfers, stop payments, etc.
- Prepare weekly Cash Position Report – Monday mornings.
- Review Daily Sales Report and verify results to ensure integrity of data on a monthly basis.
- Assist in report development as needed to support new and/or changing management demands.
- Go to bank as needed for petty cash.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Honesty, integrity, and reliabiltiy to ensure the utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. 3-5 yrs. experience reconciling and maintaining G/L accounts; journal entries; maintaining fixed assets; subsidiary accounts and expense allocation. Experience reconciling bank statements, A/P and A/R accounts and preparing financial statements. Must have the ability to operate a PC and all office equipment. Strong work experience with MS Office, Excel spreadsheets (advanced skill level), Crystal Reports, and contact management systems.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to: email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2125.