Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading manufacturer of aftermarket performance products for trucks, SUVs and motor homes. We are currently seeking a full time Precision High Performance Engine Developer/Assembler.
Successful candidate will:
- Assist the engineering R&D group in developing racing and street performance engines and customizations.
- Tear down, design, build, rebuild, fine tune and test diesel and gasoline engines to improve engine power and efficiency; measure, inspect, blueprint and prototype new components.
- Operate manual/NC lathe and mill, boring and honing equipment, cylinder head build equipment and non destructive test inspection equipment to build engine components to a specification.
- Conduct experiments and tests on existing designs and equipment to obtain data on function of and performance of equipment.
- Analyze data to develop new designs for engines and other related mechanical, hydraulic, and electromechanical components and systems in automotive equipment.
- Work with the instrumentation and test group to perform test activities on engines under designated conditions; analyze test data; identify and resolve engine performance problems; alter or modify design to obtain specified functional and operational performance.
- Disassemble engines and adjust or replaces parts; reassemble engines and listen to engine in action to detect operational difficulties.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively, independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
Successful candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in developing and assembling high performance engines. Experience should include cylinder head development/porting, engine balancing, and technical assembly along with assembly process development. Dynamometer rigging/testing, engine machining, and dynamometer instrumentation/test a plus. Technical writing/computer experience is helpful. The flexibility to occasionally travel for race support and offsite technical support/tuning and assistance with racing projects is helpful.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to: email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2125.