Banks Power, established in 1958, is a market-leading manufacturer of aftermarket performance products, race products, turbo charging systems, complete engines, engine control electronics, and electronic peripheral systems for cars, trucks, SUV’s, motor homes, and military vehicles. We are currently seeking a senior full time Embedded Software Engineer/Developer to research, design, develop, and test automotive real-time embedded software. Here is your chance to join our innovative team!
Successful candidate will:
- Design and Implement automotive control electronics
- Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner’s manuals, and write technical reports.
- Integrate user-interface with software subsystems, document changes, and provide timely support to other development groups
- Work on real world customer-facing application problems
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in a complex system
- Communicate effectively *(written and verbally) with management and other software developers on ideas and solutions to software development problems
- Successfully complete multiple simultaneous tasks in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Solve problems and create solutions for embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information technology or in a related field.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Able to meet or exceed set deadlines.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with a strong background designing and developing embedded software applications
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls is desired.
- J1939, USB, J1850, RS232, RS485, ISO9141, and CAN communications experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
- Experience in the design and implementation of automotive control electronics.
Banks Power offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org