Gale Banks Engineering is an established, market-leading aftermarket manufacturer of high-end performance products for trucks and motor homes. We are currently seeking full time Software Engineer/Programmer to research, design, develop and test automotive control and display software. Here is your chance to champion large projects!
Successful candidate will:
- Architect, design & develop robust and scalable software for hand-held based applications
- Research, plan and design software systems using C++ for WinCE or Linux, and/or Java for Android
- Develop software applications for UI (User Interface) modules (handheld devices) that will be integrated with vehicle’s existing electronic control systems
- USB driver experience is desired.
- Consult with electrical engineering staff to define and document project requirements,
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documents regarding software operating logical flow and operational parameters.
- Develop and direct software system testing procedures,
- Create test plans and conduct tests to find errors,
- Confirm that programs meet specifications.
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner’s manuals, and write technical reports.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information technology or in a related field.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a ‘get things done’ attitude.
- BSCS or BSEE degree with 3+ years designing and developing embedded software applications or equivalent experience
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language and experience with assembler language a plus.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
Gale Banks Engineering offers a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged, along with a competitive salary and generous benefit package. For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary history and current salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (626) 691-2125.